Winter recipe: Simple, Perfect Chili
One of the best foods to make during the winter is chili. Whether you’re a big chili fan, or are just looking for something to warm you up, look no further than Food Network’s “Simple Perfect Chili”. Food Network says that this is an easy recipe to make, and that the whole process only takes one hour and 40 minutes. This recipe makes about 6-8 servings, and we have included the ingredients and directions below!
– 2 pounds ground beef
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 cup masa harina
– One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
– Shredded Cheddar, for serving
– Chopped onions, for serving
– Tortilla chips, for serving
– Lime wedges, for serving
1. The first step is placing the ground beef in a large pot with the garlic. Then cook it over medium heat until it is browned. After that, drain off the excess fat and then pour it into the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne.
2. Next, stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for an hour while occasionally stirring, and if it becomes dry add a 1/2 cup of water as needed.
3. After an hour, put the masa harina in a small bowl, and add 1/2 cup of water and stir. Dump the mixture into the chili and then stir while tasting and adjusting the seasoning. Add more water/masa paste to get the chili to your preferred thickness.
It is best served with shredded cheese, onions, chips and limes!
The full article can be found here, as well as other great recipes: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/simple-perfect-chili-recipe-2107099