As the weather turns cooler and the leaves begin to change, it’s clear fall is just around the corner. With the changing season comes the savory and sweet flavors introducing the holiday season. From delicious pumpkin treats to savory warm stews, it’s time to welcome all the goodness back into your life!
These top 8 easy fall recipes are great to make with kids or for a quick comfort food fix. When you need something to warm you up on cold nights this season, these recipes get the job done right. Toasty cookies, slow cooker favorites, and of course, pumpkin. There is so much to love about these tasty fall recipes!
Enjoy making treasured memories with the family over these incredible recipes this fall. You won’t regret it! Each one is special in its own way and made to fill your home with sights, smells, and tastes of fall. Quick, easy, and delicious – here are the top 8 easy fall recipes for you to try this season!
Cheesy chickeny veggie soup is the perfect easy warm-up that your family will love. Your little ones won’t even flinch at all the healthy veggies! All the best flavors combined to make this fall recipe a winner. Simple wholesome ingredients and a whole lot of yum!
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
- Minced chives, optional
Infuse your breakfast (or dinner!) with the sweet pumpkiny flavors of fall. These easy pumpkin pancakes are a hit with kids and grownups alike. Perfect for a weekend breakfast before hitting the trails or for a brunch date with your friends. Every bite is bursting with fall flavors that everyone will adore!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Nothing says fall like shepherd’s pie. This classic recipe with a twist is simple and super tasty too! Savory sausage and vegetables covered in creamy garlic mashed potatoes and baked to perfection. The best parts of shepherd’s pie are elevated with the delightful new ingredients in this effortless recipe!
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
Quick and foolproof, this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is great for breakfast, an after-school snack, or a late-night treat. Pumpkin, allspice, and smooth chocolate take this pumpkin bread to the next level. You can’t go wrong with carbs! Make this recipe as a family for wonderful memories and a tasty treat you can enjoy all week long.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Caramel is a staple of the fall season. Whether it’s covering a sweet red apple or drizzled over an iced coffee, the rich sugary profile of caramel has the holiday season written all over. This vegan caramel dip is excellent for those with dairy allergies and it’s as easy as 1-2-3, literally! Just 3 ingredients and you’ll have a caramel you want to smother everything with.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- optional: pinch of salt
There is nothing more comforting than a slow-cooked pot roast. Tender juicy meat, potatoes, carrots, and more, stewed all day long for deeply aromatic flavors. Serve with a hearty loaf of bread and you’ve got yourself a hug in a bowl! Just put everything in and go! Simple and heavenly.
- 4-5 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into 2″ chunks
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- minced parsley optional, to garnish
Winding down for the evening doesn’t have to mean you can’t have a latte. This recipe is a no coffee pumpkin latte that even the kiddos can enjoy! Snuggle up for a movie night with a delectable cinnamony pumpkiny drink the whole family will love. Easy to make and goes great with a warm slice of pumpkin bread!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-quart milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Apples and fall are a notorious coupling. You can’t go without trying this easy apple crisp! Sweet apples paired with cinnamon, sugar, and crunchy crispy topping. This is a recipe that will bring the whole family together. So yummy and simple, you’ll be making this recipe more than once this season!
For the Apple Filling:
- 8 Granny Smith apples sliced (8 cups, sliced)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
For the Crumble Topping:
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans optional